Friday, November 19, 2010

Late-night admittance: I'm not very nice.

I was out yesturday with my friend, who has come to visit me from Sweden. He's a good guy, funny, good company. I'll be sad when he leaves on the 21st.

So what I'm getting to: He says lot of "You'e too nice of a girl to_____". Fill in the blank. Swear. Have tattoos. Have peircings. Have ever smoked. Say that I prefer to emotionally destroy my enemies as opposed to physically hurt them. I do all these things, I'm not very nice.

I smile a lot, I laugh a lot, I do my best to help people if they need it. But the running commentary in my head is generally not very pleasant. I like who I like and everyone else can drop off of the face of the earth. I don't think I'm a bad person, but I don't think I'm very nice either.

So... where does the idea that I'm "nice" come from? Am I just not as awful as I think am, or maybe my admittance that I'm not "nice" somehow makes me nice. Maybe the "nice" assumption is based solely on my looks. Maybe I'm secretly a "nice" girl.

2 comments:

  1. You're not nice. You are honest to yourself and fair. That's what attracted me.

    :***

    ReplyDelete