Saturday, December 18, 2010

Decor, Lovely Finds, Harajuku Lovers "Lil Angel" Gothic Lolita Perfume review, Dolly Kei coordinate with a simple black dress.

Lots of things today, with many photos illustrating why I need to get my Nikon fixed and stop using my Blackberry phone camera.

So I had lovely surprise gift in the form of Gwen Stefani's "Harajuku Lovers" Brand perfume in "Lil Angel Gothic Lolita". Now, I'm a sugary scent sort of girl. I like things that smell sweet and border on candy-like. So I was very surprised to find the floral scent of this so appealing. It also isn't terribly strong or over-powering, so a huge thumbs up for that. "Lil Angel Gothic Lolita" is described as "a sparkling floral. Top notes are succulent plum, champagne, pomelo, bergamot. Mid notes are blooming lotuses, fresh queen rose leaf, waterlilies. Base notes are satin wood, rich amber, skin musks. The fragrance is signed by perfumer CĂ©line Barel.". I can't say I smell the musk or wood notes at all (and I think that's a good thing). I wouldn't make this my everyday scent, but I think it's a nice change and I do think the scent is really lovely. And I mean, the bottle is adorable! It's nice if even it only serves as a vanity decoration, hehe. Retails for around 40-50$

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Also given to me: These great antique skeleton keys! They're going to be necklaces. Right now they're serving as desk decor though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I know it's close to Christmas, but that doesn't mean I can't buy myself presents:

Went to Wicker Emporium for their delerium-inducing 50% off sale. Splurged on a new tea cup (there was an entire set, including saucers, sugar bowl, creamer, teapot and tea caddy. I will be returning!) About 3.50$ on sale:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Also from Wicker Emporium, a lovely little handheld mirror that I couldn't pass up to save my life. Abou 5.99$ on sale:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And for a good cause, from Winners: This year the Canadian Women's Association are selling a delightful old-fashioned teddy bear, with all proceeds going to help women in need. I'm going to make him a little cravat and monocle. 14.95$

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And...some Polyvore coordinating. I wanted to show what could be done with a very simple black dress, which is something most girls own of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment