This last year has been both beautiful and trying for me. There have been times when I just wasn't sure what I was going to do, and how I was going to get through it. There were also times where I was so happy I didn't think I could take it, times when you sort of stop and think "I will never be as happy as I am right now".
I'm having a solitary New Year's so far. Stay in and and spend it quietly? Or go out and tear up the city? I haven't decided where I'm going to end up tonight, but I've learned some things this year and I'm going to share my resolutions/promises to myself for the next year:
Personal and Life-wise I'm going to:
• Say "no". I work myself to death and I realized that it's not making me happy anymore.
• Be happy. I can't control how people treat me, but I don't have to let their personal spite change who I am.
• Be kinder to myself.
• The days of allowing anyone to mistreat me are officially over.
• Eat more sweets. I think there is too much focus on denying ourselves. I'm going to indulge this year.
• Move a little closer to vegan.
• Be more active in the local Lolita community.
• Finish reading "The Unbearable Lightness of Being".
• Not feel guilty for getting what I want or what I deserve.
• Cook for myself. I rely a lot on pre-made items (not processed, just made by someone else etc). It's expensive and I know that I can make a lot of it myself.
Fashion-wise I'm going to:
• Wear more Classic Lolita. I've always loved Classic but have never been able to bring myself too far from Gothic. And the classic pieces will go so well with my Dolly Kei wardrobe.
• Wear more colour. My wardrobe is mostly black. With Dolly, I'm going to add some darker jewel tones, and since I'm branching into Classic Lolita, I'm going to try some dusty greens and pinks.
• Circle lenses. I've always liked how they look, so this year I'm going to take the plunge and get a pair.
• A wig. Why not?
Blog-wise I'm going to:
• Post more outfit photos. I put so much effort into my daily outfits, I'm going to document them.
• Post more informational posts.
• Change my blog's appearance and theme.
• Fancy up my Tumblr!
• Do give-a-ways! I really want to do this and I never seem to have the time to organize it.
• Links to places I like to shop/ possibly make my wishlists public so anyone can see what I've been looking at lately.
• Finish my Fwamu Guide.
I know I won't be able to do all of this. But I'd like to think I can at least make a little headway here :)
I hope for the best for everyone in the New Year, and look forward to continuing on with Strange Girl. Thank-you everyone who's chosen to follow and/or read my little blog :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone